Contact Us

To contact us or to arrange a viewing, please use the following forms.

We have also listed some useful contacts to enable you to seek additional information and advice.

Contact us form

Arrange a viewing form

Contact details you may find useful

Age UK
For advice and information on a wide range of issues to make life more enjoyable and fulfilling for older people.

Alzheimer's Society
For support, information, advice and local services for those looking after someone with dementia.

Arthritis Care
For people with arthritis, helping to promote their health, well being and independence.

Assisted living properties
For further information on Bupa Assisted Living properties.
Freephone 0800 731 6287 

Association of Retirement Housing Managers
An organisation that provides a strict code of conduct for the profession.

Benefits enquiry line
For information on all benefits for the disabled and their carers, including Disability living allowance.
Freephone 0800 882200

British Diabetic Association
A charity that helps people with diabetes and supports diabetes research.

British Red Cross Society
Services available from local centres include: home nursing, transport, holidays, equipment loan for frail elderly people, home from hospital schemes, domiciliary and respite care.

Care Homes
Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB)
Details available from your telephone directory or library.

Centres for disabled living, see Disabled Living Centres Council.

Cruse Bereavement Care
Offers a counselling service and practical advice after bereavement.

Department of Social Security (DSS), see Benefits Enquiry Line.
Disability benefits helpline, see Benefits Enquiry Line

Elderly Accommodation Counsel
Provides advice on finding and paying for all types of housing for older people, including sheltered housing, residential care and nursing homes - and homes which accept people with mental and physical disabilities.

Health screening
Some Social Services departments provide a laundry service for people with incontinence, or who cannot manage their laundry for other reasons. Ask if such a service is available in your area.

Local health services
Your local Community Health Council is an organisation which can help provide information about local health services. You can find their address at the local Citizen's Advice Bureau or in the telephone directory under "Community Health Council".

Macmillan Cancer Relief
Provides callers with information on Macmillan services and activities.

Meals on Wheels
There are many different types of meals on wheels services available. Your Local Authority often runs these, so try contacting your Social Services department. Or contact organisations like your local WRVS or Age UK.

MIND (National Association for Mental Health)
The leading mental health charity working for everyone with experience of mental distress.

NHS Direct
Tel 0845 4647
There are trained and experience staff, ready to help with any health query you may have. Alternatively, you can phone and ask for access to the Health Information Tapes Service which provides recorded health information on over 400 topics, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR)
Provides help on non-medical issues including mobility, education, employment, benefits, discrimination and housing.

Royal National Association for the Blind (RNIB)
Provides information, support and advice for anyone with a serious sight problem.

Royal National Institute for Deaf people (RNID)
Provides information, residential care, interpreting service, training, special telephone service and environmental aids.

The Samaritans
Available 24 hours a day, offering confidential emotional support to those in crisis and in danger of taking their own lives.

Social services department
You can find the telephone number of your Social Services
Department through the Town Hall, or in the telephone directory under the name of your Local Authority.

Specialist nursing
Specialist nursing or care at home for people with a terminal illness, may be available through Macmillan nurses provided by Cancer Relief, and Marie Curie Foundation nurses, or from a local hospice. Ask your doctor if there is local support of this kind.

The Stroke Association
A national charity that provides an advisory and information service for people who have had strokes, their families and carers.

For information about travel concessions in your area and how to apply. Contact your Local Authority, the local Citizen's Advice Bureau or your local Age UK group.

Women's Royal Voluntary Service
Provides differing services from group to group, but examples include Meals on Wheels, Housebound Library, Clubs for the elderly, Luncheon Clubs and social transport eg for hospital, dental and optician appointments.